Have you heard of the Mr. Eric? He's a singer as well as a well-known author! Perhaps you've read about Pete the Cat or The Nut Family. At an early childhood conference, I had the opportunity to sing and dance the polka dot dance with Mr. Eric. A fun and surprising brush with a children's music celebrity!
Michael Levine, Rivka the Opera Singer, Nikki Warner, Dr. J, and Pete the Cat.
You can get a preview of Mr. Eric's songs at cdbaby. Below is the track list and a few notes from me. The italicized tracks were some of the songs I would consider using during storytime:
Track List --
1. - Mr. Eric's Jumping Song - bluegrass - movement song (jump, clap, shake) - instrumental sections
2. - Hip Hop ABCs - hip hop - alphabet song - forward and backwards
3. - I Want Chocolate Pie - zydeco - question and answer
4. - Dance Number Three - dance - movement song to the count of three - instrumental section in the middle
5. - Poor Pitiful Me - blues - blues with
6. - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - ballad - traditional song with original verse
7. - Wreck of Old 97 - folk - traditional ballad (historical notes can be found at Wikipedia)
8. - The Number Dance - disco - movement song - counting song (0-10) - fast paced dance song
9. - We Like Lunch (with Rivka the Opera Singer) - opera - a capella
10. - The Humpty Rap - funk rap fusion - traditional nursery rhyme with a funky twist - call and response song
11. - Stop Drop and Roll - rockabilly - fire safety
12. - Are You Sleeping - lullaby - French and English sung in a round - I think other languages are used as well, but I don't have an ear for languages and there are no notes in the CD pamphlet.
13. - The Wheels on the Bus - ska - traditional song re-imagined
14. - Pete the Cat and His White Shoes - story song - This song can also be heard online.
Reviewed from a library copy.
Album: The Big Silly with Mr. Eric
Artist: Eric Litwin aka Mr. Eric
Genre: Kindie / Family
Release Date: December 2006
A to Z Challenge - Letter B - The Big Silly with Mr. Eric