Saturday, April 16, 2016

Music List: Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes

The letter M and N are so close to each other in the theme I wanted to chat about this weekend that I am combining them in one post. I'm going rouge in the A to Z Challenge. Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes are traditional songs and classic children's music in my mind. Many musicians share various traditional songs on their albums or create a whole album of classic kindie songs. They even create new renditions of all classics. But there are some groups that seem to focus on Mother Goose melodies and Nursery Rhymes that get passed down from generation to generation. One of the first groups that sprang to my mind was Wee Sing. Pam Beall and Susan Nipp created cassettes and CDs that have hundreds of songs. Kidsongs is another group that sang hundreds of songs. I also remember early episodes of Barney before he had all those dinosaur friends. A more "modern" rendition of Mother Goose is Mother Goose Rocks. Those are a fun listen if you like a variety of music styles. (Unfortunately, they didn't have their own dedicated website.)




Those are some albums I grew up singing. How about you? Do you have a nursery rhyme / Mother Goose / traditional tape that you enjoyed while you were a little learner? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...