Thursday, February 25, 2016

Five Years of Audiobooks

Adolescent Audio Adventures began on February 25, 2011. I cannot believe it's been five years since I started reviewing audiobooks here. My goal was to share my joy of audiobooks with others who enjoy listening to books. I keep finding more and more titles I want to consume. It's great! If you're interested in my past year listens the titles are below.

In the meantime, it's time for some change!

This new year I'm going to add more audio adventures to Adolescent Audio Adventures. I am going to share music reviews! As an assistant children's librarian, I have access to some fantastic music for children and families. I use a variety of music during my library programs, but I also enjoy listening to music as I go about my day. The reviews will be a wide range of storytime music to background music. Again, my goal is to share my joy of children's music with others.

It's time to take stock of all the books I heard over the past year. Let's break it down...

Juvenile Fiction [estimated trt: 4 days, 1 minute] 
Nooks & Crannies
Ship of Dolls
Shingaling
Pluto
Crenshaw
The Case of the Missing Moonstone
The Terrible Two Get Worse
The Adventures of Bella and Harry
Billy and Goat at the State Fair
Westly: A Spider's Tale
Switch
Catch You Later, Traitor
The Graveyard Book - Full Cast
Mystery of the Midnight Rider
Strangers on a Train
Curse of the Arctic Star
What I Learned from a Penguin
Ms. Rapscott's Girls
H.O.R.S.E.
Deep in the Swamp
The Black Reckoning
I had a Favorite Dress
Nuts to You
Timeless Tales of Beatrix Potter - Peter Rabbit and Friends
Looking at Lincoln
The Terrible Two
Ben Franklin's Big Splash
The Julian Chapter


Young Adult [trt: 2 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes]
From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess
Island of Graves
A Whole New World - A Twisted Tale
Ana of California
The Zoo at the Edge of the World
Galgorithm
Island of Shipwrecks
Island of Legends


Adult [trt: 1 day, 13 hours, 53 minutes]
Safe House
Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Collection
I Will
Love in Every Stitch
Answers to Your Questions about Heaven
Gettysburg Address & Emancipation Proclamation
Mr. Kiss and Tell
The Drop Box



44 books (and over 168 hours) were counted in this year's review.  So far that's the most titles I've heard in a year (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). Wow! What a fantastic year! Thank you to my local libraries, Audiobook Jukebox, christianaudio, and Oasis Audio. Without their generosity, I would not have had access to all the wonderful books I've heard last year.

I'm looking forward to another great year of listening! Some titles I cannot wait to hear are Unwanteds #7 - Island of Dragons, Five Kingdoms #4 - Death Weavers, The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #6, Dolls of Hope, Audies 2016 finalists for Young Listeners and Middle Grade, as well as the titles available this summer at Audiobook SYNC.

What audiobook or audiobooks are you looking forward to hearing in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...