Monday, February 15, 2016

Review: The Case of the Missing Moonstone

History and humor and math, oh my! What a fantastic read! I could also add mystery, science, and inventions to the list of themes in the first installment of The Wollstonecraft Detective Agency. English majors will be delighted with The Case of the Missing Moonstone.

I started laughing at track one and ended the story with a chuckle. Mr. Stratford put together a very clever story about a clever girl, Lady Ada Byron, and the people who surrounded her, Mary Godwin, Peebs, Charles, Mr. Babbage and more. He took some creative liberties, but tied true characters together to create a wonderful, historical mystery that will capture the attention of all ages. I am looking forward to book two, The Case of the Girl in Grey, which is coming out in 2016. This book is also a great read for readers who are waiting for the next installment of Maryrose Wood’s Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place.

Nicola Barber narrated The Case of the Missing Moonstone. I haven't heard her narrate before, but I have put a number of her audiobook titles on my to-be-read shelf without realizing it (until today). I believe Ms. Barber captured the story very well. It's a book that needs an authentic English voice and she hits the spot. Every once in a while I didn't know if Ada or Mary were talking, but soon their personalities of the characters shone through the narrative. I am excited to see that Barber will be back to read book two!

Reviewed from a library copy.

Audio Book Details...
The Case of the Missing Moonstone by Jordan Stratford
Series: Book 1, The Wollstonecraft Detective Agency
Read by Nicola Barber
Produced by HighBridge Audio
Number of Discs: 3
Total Time: 3 Hours, 32 Minutes
Release Date: January 2015
ISBN: 9781622314249

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...