Monday, May 4, 2015

Review: Mr. Kiss and Tell

Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas

Are you a V Mars follower? If so, this is the latest installment in the Veronica Mars / Neptune saga. If not, you need to start at the beginning with the original TV series.

Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars #2)Mr. Kiss and Tell picks up after book one, The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line, which in turn picks up after the V Mars movie. Mr. Kiss and Tell continues story lines from the movie as well as the previous book. Characters from the original TV series also make an appearance. The new mystery of Mr. Kiss and Tell wraps up with plenty of surprises. (I was gasping like a fish out of water at a couple points during the novel.)

It was so exciting to hear more about V Mars and the city of Neptune. I don't want to give any tidbits away, but it was an excellent read. Others might have a different experience but I label myself as a Marshmallow. I was disappointed in some of the language. They added in curse/swear words. I'd rather not have those in the books I hear or read. It's also a graphic story, so I would not recommend it to younger readers.

Kristin Bell read book one, but Rebecca Lowman is the narrator for book two. I was hoping Kristin Bell would return to read, but alas, no. I did enjoy Lowman's reading of the story. She was genuine and believable. I would listen to her again.

Reviewed from a library copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...