Friday, July 27, 2018

Re-Listen: The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place

The newest (and final) installment of Maryrose Wood's series The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place has been released! My library copy arrived on the shelf and in the joy of seeing it, I enthusiastically checked out the entire series. I want to savor this series all over again before jumping into the end.

My original review of Book 01, The Mysterious Howling is on my blog. In my current re-listen, I loved hearing the children again and their wolfish accents. I have a special place in my heart for the littlest Incorrigible, Cassiopeia. A highlight in the story is at the end when she raises her fists in the air and shouts, "Mayhem!"  If I could have a poster of this moment, I would hang if up in my office.

Here is a fun review from The Sleepless Reader.

Book 02, The Hidden Gallery takes the Incorrigibles and Penelope (as well as the Ashtons) to London! The mysterious happenings in book one continue in book two, but with additional characters put in the mix. The little mysteries throughout the story (or should I say stories), continue to captivate. It seems that as soon as one mystery could be solved another crops up! I'm looking forward to hearing about the new characters of Simon and the Gypsy fortune-teller. I also enjoyed the silliness of a pirate play in the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...