Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Audiobook Bloggers Week 2016: #WednesdayWhere

It's the middle of our Audiobooks Bloggers Week 2016! Today we're going to share where we find audiobooks. If you're a book lover, you want to read all the books or listen to all the audios. Maybe you have a special budget or no budget.


Here's my top place for CD audiobooks: my public library.

My library will not have every book ever created, but they have a vast assortment. I can also request books from other libraries in our consortium or request an interlibrary loan which requests books from outside our consortium. It's pretty neat!

My top place for digital audiobooks: my public library.

The library works with Overdrive to offer e-books and e-audiobooks. Again, not every book but a great variety of books to enjoy. Each library and/or consortium will have different books to checkout, but titles are easy to download and listen. These books are also automatically returned when they are due, so my late fees do not increase. Another digital perk is visiting the Overdrive library at any time of the day or night. Overdrive hours are 24/7.

If you're not close to a library or don't have a library card, where can you go for audiobooks?

There are companies who sell audiobooks in store or online. You can buy books individually or sign-up for a subscription. I have not subscribed to a service, but I've purchased a few digital audiobooks when Audible had a sale on youth audiobooks. I also stumbled across a few titles at Half Price Books and area thrift shops. I won a couple audiobooks through giveaways. Every once in a while, audiobook companies offer free audiobooks! During the summer, AudiobookSYNC runs an amazing program for audiobook listeners.



Here are a few companies you can explore and see if they have books you might enjoy...

Audible
Blackstone Audio
Books on Tape
Brilliance Audio
christianaudio.com
Downpour
Dreamscape Media
Full Cast Audio
Hachette Audio
Harper Audio
HighBridge Audio
Listening Library
Live Oak Media
Oasis Audio
Penguin Random House Audio
Recorded Books
Scholastic Audio
Skyboat Media
Simon & Schuster Audio
Tantor Media

This is by no means a complete list of every single audiobook company in the world. I tried to share the companies I know at this time. Happy listening friends!




1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for the library - they are #1 for me too. Audiobook SYNC is also wonderful and they had a great selection this summer.
    There are a few audiobook sources on this list I haven't tried yet. Thanks for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...