Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review: Rogue Knight

Rogue KnightRogue Knight by Brandon Mull


Cole, Mira, Twitch, and Jace escaped the Sky Raiders and defeated Mira's shaping power. They are on their way to Elloweer. Their goal is to find Mira's sister, Honor. Her star in the sky came out, then disappeared. She needs her help, but only Mira saw the sign.

Rogue Knight picks up where Sky Raiders left off. If you can't remember the whole story of book one, I would highly recommend re-listening to Sky Raiders. I started with the last disc of book one and it helped immensely.

Rogue Knight was just as captivating as Sky Raiders. Elloweer's shaping power is different, so the group meets new friends and enemies along their travels. Cole also comes in contact with others not from the Outskirts. (I don't want to give anything away!) In addition to meeting others who help (or hurt) the young warriors, share more information about themselves. The story is slowly unfolding, but there is so much more to come!

Mull wraps up Rogue Knight well. There is humor, magic, battles, and surprises. I didn't feel that there was a cliff hanger, which I appreciated! I'm still invested in the story and the characters, so an intense cliff hanger is not needed. As with the first book, middlers will enjoy this adventurous tale, but younger ones might be unprepared for the battle scenes. I would advise adults to preview the tale for any nervous younger readers. It's reported that the next title comes soon. Mark your calendars, readers! I know it's on my to-read list.
Adolescent Audio Adventures review and quote | Rogue Knight by Brandon Mull

Keith Nobbs returns to read Rogue Knight! I think he maintained his characters well. It was a good listen. I think Callista's voice might have been my favorite in this book. I hope that he will return for the next title in the series, Crystal Keepers.

Reviewed from an Audiobook Jukebox copy. Thank you, Simon & Schuster Audio!

Audio Book Details...
Rogue Knight by Brandon Mull
Series: Book 2, Five Kingdoms
Read by Keith Nobbs
Produced by Simon & Schuster Audio
Number of Discs: 11
Total Time: 13 hours, 39 minutes
ISBN: 9781442372535

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...