Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday of Audiobook Week 2013

We're right in the middle of Audiobook Week! It's time for a little snapshot of the here and now in our listening worlds.


Current/most recent audiobook: I finished Book #4 of the series Keepers of the School: In Harm's Way by Andrew Clements. (Review to come!) I just loaded Book #3 of the series Sixty-Eight Rooms - The Pirate's Coin by Marianne Malone in my car.


Impressions: The Keepers of the School series is fast paced and exciting as the Keepers reveal the mystery phrase by phrase from long dead Captain Oaks. The Sixty-Eight Rooms is a calmer adventure, but still mysterious with magical antiques.



Current/most recent favorite audiobook: Wow! What to choose? ... Just one? ... A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff and The Island of Silence by Lisa McMann had me on the edge of my seat. Knots was modern with a hint of magic. It was fun with cake recipes scattered throughout the story. Silence was dark and mysterious. The story of an island on the brink of civil war and destruction.





Favorite narrator you've discovered recently: I love, love, love E. B. Stevens.  Not too much information on him, but his narration of the Fablehaven series written by Brandon Mull was amazing! Fablehaven is a series I could put on repeat.




One title from your TBL (to be listened) stack, or your audio wishlist: Again, only one? It's so hard to choose... Oh! I would love to hear Book #4 of The Brixton Brothers - Danger Goes Berserk by Mac Barnett. I don't think they produced book four, but they shared books one, two, and three as audios. If you hear of book number four on audio, please let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...