Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: Island of Shipwrecks

Haunting and beautiful music begins the audiobook. Artimé and Quill are still at odds with one another. Island of Shipwrecks continues the story from Island of Legends (book number four). I would highly, highly recommend reading the Unwanteds series in order. Each book packs so much activity, emotion, and adventure in each book. When one book ends, I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment. (Island of Graves is next and it is coming out in September 2015!)

Island of Shipwrecks (Unwanteds #5)The Island of Shipwrecks is a new island that Alex and his crew discover. They sail toward it, only to find they are trapped in it's pull toward terrible rocks. They survive and meet the people who survive on the barren island. Meanwhile, back in Quill, Aaron is looking for away to still remain ruler of all. He goes to the Quillitry to seek assistance and is surprised by the presence of a leader who survived the first battle. Those are just a few opening details I think are all right to share without giving away too much. The Unwanteds is a series that I want to share all the information, yet none at all because they are so good. Oh my heart! I cannot wait for Island of Graves!

Steve West returns to read Island of Shipwrecks! Huzzah! I thought the voices were consistent with the previous titles he has read in the series. A couple a words in the text sound a little different because he's not originally from the US, but it never takes away from the story. I just want to repeat how he says it, then follow up with how I pronounce it. Quite amusing. (And I'm glad I ride only by myself as I talk back to the audiobook.) I am excited to share that Steve West finished recording Island of Graves, so the next book should sound wonderfully consistent. Again, huzzah!

Reviewed from a library copy.

Audio Book Details...
Island of Shipwrecks by Lisa McMann
Series: Book 5, The Unwanteds
Read by Steve West
Produced by Simon & Schuster
Number of Discs: 8
Total Time: 10 hours
Release Date: February 2, 2015
ISBN: 9781442377523

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...