Monday, December 2, 2013

Ghost Hawk

Ghost HawkGhost Hawk by Susan Cooper


It is Little Hawk's turn to become a man. He needs to survive three months in the woods - alone. When he returns to his people, he will be seen as a man. Unbeknownst to him, he will return a man, but face greater challenges when he returns home.

Wow. Wow! After I finished listening to Jim Dale read Susan Cooper's story I could not put into words my reaction or my review. I wanted to savor it and let it sink in. It was so captivating - a book that I might not read again, but a book that I will always take with me. Little Hawk is part of the whole story - as a child, a man, an observer, a friend. I fear saying too much, because I want readers to experience this story themselves. I could see where some of the storyline was going and wanted to reach in an intercede. Other parts of the story completely surprised me. I would recommend this tale to older middlers, high schoolers, and adults. It's a fantastical historical fiction piece that a wide range of readers will enjoy.

The amazing Jim Dale read Ghost Hawk. Most listeners are familiar with his renditions of Harry Potter, but he's read a wide range of pieces. He's a master of narration. I especially appreciate his use of silence and quiet. The use of a good pause to difficult to master and Dale does an excellent job.


Reviewed from an Audiobook Jukebox copy. Thank you, Simon & Schuster Audio!



Audio Book Details...
Ghost Hawk by Susan Cooper
Read by Jim Dale
Produced by Simon & Schuster Audio
Number of Discs: 7
Total Time: 8 hours
ISBN: 9781442364806

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...