Monday, July 22, 2013

Dad is Fat

Dad Is Fat
Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan


Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan is a specialized book. Gaffigan is a comedian, but also a dad. He wrote essays about parenting and put them together in book. It's not a book about parenting tips and tricks, it's about his observations and interpretations, as well as, life events as a parent. He's a father of five children in a two bedroom apartment in New York City. Quite a different lifestyle then my life, but I can enjoy the humor of it. If the reader is familiar with Gaffigan's comedy routines, they will hear (or read) some of comedy segments, but they are part of the story not a written standup act.

Gaffigan stayed true to reading his book. He's a fun and unique comedian, but his standup is very different from his reading of the book. It's a non-fiction book, yes, it's humorous, but no it's not going to be dynamic with crazy voices.


Reviewed from a library copy.

---

Why is an adult audiobook on the Adolescent Audio Adventures blog?

Every once in a great while, I switch up my books. I enjoy Gaffigan's comedy and was excited to see his book available as an audiobook. I added it here, because this is my audiobook blog and parenting is a part of childhood. No, I would not recommend this title for children, but parents might appreciate it. Happy listening, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...