Friday, March 16, 2012

Operation Yes

Operation YesOperation Yes by Sara Lewis Holmes

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Operation Yes intrigues the reader with the toy army men on the cover. I personally never read the back cover. I liked the army men and figured that the story would be about army men coming to life and saving their owners. Yes, it would be a novel like Toy Story the movie.
I was wrong. After listening to the first track I questioned if I should continue. The story was about Bo, Bo's mom and Bo's cousin Gari. They all worked for the various divisions in the military. I am not too familiar with military life, so this was really eye-opening information. This was a fantastic novel about making your voice heard, living on a military base and learning to open yourself up to new experience. I would highly recommend this book to readers who are looking for realistic fiction or children of today.
Jessica Almasy read Operation Yes. When the story began with a male character, I was taken aback. Usually, male main characters are read by male readers. But Operation Yes is more than Bo; Operation Yes is about Bo and Gari and Miss Loop and all the students in school. I enjoyed Almasy's reading. I especially enjoyed the dynamic sessions in the taped space.

Reviewed from a library copy.

Audio Book Details...
Operation Yes by Sara Lewis Holmes
Read by Jessica Almasy
Produced by Brilliance Audio
Number of Discs: 6
Total Time: 6 hours, 28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...