Friday, May 27, 2011

100 Cupboards

100 Cupboards100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson


Henry York leaves his sheltered Boston life and moves to Henry, Kansas to live with his relatives after his parents go missing. Learning to live with his extended family and small town life is a new experience for Henry. But baseball, tumbleweeds and living in an attic are just the beginning! Henry and cousin Henrietta discover hidden doors in his attic room. The doors lead seem to lead ot other worlds...but are the other worlds safe?


The cover of 100 Cupboards compelled me the most. Who wouldn't want to explore a wall full of cupboards? Unfortunately, this was my second try at listening to this book. The storyline was a bit slow in the beginning. The pace didn't pick up until late in the book. The storyline wove through family history, adventures in other worlds, mysterious people and the struggle between good and evil which are excellent themes for any fantasy book. For myself, I am not certain I'll continue with this series. A big part was not connecting with the reader, Russell Horton. His voice didn't drive me want to continue listening to the audiobook. My goal was to finish the story to see if I should continue with the series, but it was a conscious effort to listen to this book versus the radio or music CD. All in all, I think this story would be better enjoyed by reading it in book form.

Reviewed from a library copy.
 
Audio Book Details...
100 Cupboards by N. D. Wilson
Read by Russell Horton
Produced by Listening Library
Number of Discs: 5
Total Time: 6 hours, 23 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...