Friday, March 11, 2011

Lulu and the Brontosaurus

Lulu and the BrontosaurusLulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst


Readers usually decide to read the book first, listen to the book first or read and listen to the book at the same time. For most audio selections, I listen to the book first and if I feel the need, pick up the hardcover later. Concerning Lulu and the Brontosaurus, I read the book first. The book's shape is unique (between the size a novel and an easy reader). The illustrations and typography added so much to the story. I would highly recommend reading the story. After reading the book, I spotted the audio book. With a little ditty spun throughout the story, I wanted to hear the narrator's rendition of the song.


Michele Medlin sang very well. I was pleased to hear that her beat closely reflected my beat while reading. Michele's voice works well with young character of Lulu. I prefer deeper voices for narrators, but children will relate well with Michele's sweet, young voice. All in all, it was amusing to hear the story, but I prefer reading Lulu and the Brontosaurus.

Reviewed from a library copy.

View all my reviews

Audio Book Details...
Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst, illustrated by Lane Smith
Read by Michele O. Medlin
Produced by Recorded Books
Number of Discs: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...